Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Update

We were at my brother-in-law's house Monday, watching the kids for the evening. Brock, as always, wanted to play video games. We were playing his favorite, Hotwheels Racing, and I was doing poorly. He plays it a lot so he knows all the tricks, even though he's only five years old. I did get ahead of him once, but then he told me to hit the square button. I'm thinking he's giving me some tips. Suddenly my car screeches to a halt -- and starts going backwards! The little booger had me throw the car into reverse (while going ~100+ mph) just so he could regain the lead.

Anyway, since many fellow bloggers are talking about their grills, I'll include a little story about ours. It's just a little charcoal Weber grill. Technically it's Paula's since I've never owned a grill. She knows more about it than I do, but I think I got the hang of it. We stopped by Hill's Market last night and got some ground buffalo patties and grilled them up along with some vegetables. We didn't really notice any difference, especially once you get all the hamburger fixings on top. They're supposed to have less fat and be healthier than ground beef.

While at the market, we picked up a pie from Hyerly's. It was delicious, but more than we could handle between the two of us. We took some to her parents and then to mine. We visited with my mom a while, and on our way out she said she had a little gift for Paula. It was a book with funny pictures of cats. It was titled, "Dump him and keep the cat."

Get this straight. *MY* mother gave my wife a book titled, "Dump him and keep the cat." They both laughed and thought it was funny. Should I be concerned?


-- C.

1 Comments:

Blogger MR said...

this is the second consecutive post where mothers have betrayed their sons. I see a theme...

June 06, 2007 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home