Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Weekend chores spread over into Monday

Paula got off work early yesterday, so she did some work in the front yard, trimming trees & bushes and pulling weeds. When I got home I fired up the lawn mower and attacked the back yard. It was well over-due for a mowing. In the back of the yard by the fence I saw a frog scrambling for his life as the mower loomed closer. He was trying to hop over the tall grass that I hadn't gotten to yet. Fortunately I saw him in time.

My brother-in-law stopped by last night and picked up our two old couches. Our living room is back to normal, but with the new sectional couch in place. It looks pretty nice.

On my way into work this morning, Paula called me and said she just saw a turkey a few blocks from our house. I'll have to get me a huntin' rifle. Or a turkey trap. Or something.


-- C.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marcus said...

"And I don' think he'll ever get cooked neider, ma. I keep a lightin' 'em and he keeps a blowin' 'em out."

from a cartoon Where Daffy is in a wood burning stove and pokes his head out quickly, only to blow out matches that now rise to the ceiling.

May 01, 2007 10:16 AM  
Blogger MR said...

yeah, yeah, we all know that cartoon.

Looks like MDH was too slow on the draw to get them thar couches.

By the way, if you're seriously PULLING weeds, unless you're pulling them from mulch and getting them all the way down to the root, you need to kill them chemically. It's the only way to be sure...other than nuking the site from orbit, of course, but I can see where you might be hesitant to go there. I recommend a fine Scotts product. Or, in an area where you don't want ANYTHING to survive, Roundup.

May 03, 2007 12:06 AM  
Blogger Cerpicio said...

The weeds were in mulch so the roots were coming up easily.

Actually, it wasn't weeds. We have a crab apple tree and there were about a hundred little starter trees underneath it. We didn't want to start a forest.

May 03, 2007 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home