Monday, June 18, 2007

Cookout Success!

We had a Father's Day cookout yesterday and it turned out very well. I wasn't sure how many people would be able to make it, but it's about the only weekend we had open for a while. It was mostly family, but a few friends were able to make it too.

It was a busy weekend in general. Let's start with Friday. Brock spent the night with us. Since we had some work to do before the party on Sunday, we put him to work helping us clean. He was very cooperative and did a great job helping clean off the plastic lawn chairs and sweep the front sidewalks. I also replaced the bathroom faucet that has slowly been getting worse and worse.

Saturday morning we went to his T-ball game. It was a very hot morning so we didn't stay long. In the afternoon we went to an outdoor arts & crafts show. In the evening Paula and I went to my company's picnic at a double-header Wizard's baseball game. Again, very hot. We managed to find some shade behind one of the seven (7!) table umbrellas they had among the 30-some available tables.

Sunday was the big day though. We celebrated many things, such as my birthday, Father's Day, Kevin's birthday, JJ's birthday, Lori's birthday, Matt & Brandy's anniversary, Chris & Melissa's anniversary, Glenn & Marcy's anniversary, and Iceland's Independence (Paula's uncle is from Iceland). If Bryan & Julie had been able to make it, we would have celebrated their anniversary and Julie's birthday, too.

A quick side note: my sister and her husband have been "GeoCaching" lately, and getting Paula and me involved. They helped Paula pick out a starter GPS unit which I received earlier in the week. My brother, my niece, my sister, and my brother-in-law showed up early. I opened the cards they gave me, and they both had GPS coordinates written inside. In order to find my presents, I had to enter the info into the GPS unit and go hunt them down. It was pretty fun, but I need a little more practice.

All of us kids chipped in and got an underwater camera for my dad to use at the lake cottage. It has a 60-foot cable, with a small camera on the end, connected to a 4-inch black-and-white monitor. While most of the people sat in the living room, some of us took the camera around the house giving a little tour, including the cats hiding under the bed.

Matt & Brandy made two cakes, one was hamburger-shaped and the other was hotdog-shaped. I'll have to get pictures up soon. They looked great! Matt & Brandy also brought cookies that looked like hamburgers (peanut butter cookies for the buns, a chocolate cookie for the burger, with red, yellow, and green icing for ketchup, mustard, and lettuce).

Thanks to all who were able to make it. Hopefully we can do this again later in the year, when more friends are available.


-- C.

2 Comments:

Blogger davesbeachbar said...

good times. wish we could have gotten there earlier and hung out more.

June 18, 2007 1:55 PM  
Blogger Marcus said...

That sounded great ... too bad I missed it due to work. Grumble, grumble, moan! BTW: perhaps you could borrow the camera and hang it out the backside of the car or VUE+ and watch or record where you were.

+ or whatever vehicle Paula has

June 19, 2007 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home