Friday, September 22, 2006

Cartoons!

So I'm browsing blogs during my lunch break, when I stumble across one for ReFrederator.com, a site that posts an animated cartoon everyday. They have cartoons from Betty Boop to Bugs Bunny, but there are only a few that I recognized, including "The Dover Boys." I downloaded it and enjoyed watching it again. There are several fun quotes, like the description of Dan Backslide as a "coward bully cad and thief."

Just for fun, I did a search on those words and ran across an interview with Chuck Jones. He reveals the source for the cartoon, a series of books from the early 1900s, "The Rover Boys." I had no idea those books existed, let alone were the source for the cartoon.

So, anyway, ya learn something new everyday. Such fun from the Internet and search engines.


-- C.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcus said...

Sweetness! Thanks! BTW: this explains why I was thinking, "Confound you Dan Backslide!"

September 22, 2006 3:49 PM  
Blogger MR said...

I think we're getting in a rut.

September 23, 2006 1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home