Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Happy 1st Anniversary to us!

Monday was our first anniversary. Boy the year has gone by quickly. We had a great weekend, for the most part. We had a funeral to attend on Saturday for my aunt's mother. She lived be to 96, but passed away last week. It was nice to see some cousins and their familiy's, but I wish the occasion had been happier. Also, my manager's sister died last week, which was pretty sad.

Saturday afternoon my wife and I worked on unpacking. We also stopped by the Barr Street Market downtown. It's a nice little setup they have. We bought some delicious peaches, wonderful cheese, and great-tasting gumbo and chowder.

Sunday we went to my parents' lake cottage and went kayaking. A few weeks ago we all chipped in and bought four, so we'd have enough for a nice group to go. They are surprisingly maneuverable. I think I can go faster backward than I can forward. We're all excited about next summer when we can use them a lot more.

Monday was spent unpacking some more. Then we went to dinner at Biaggi's (that's where we had our first date, and where we had dinner on the night I proposed). I had Chilean Sea Bass, which was incredible, and she had shrimp and scallops on cous-cous (her favorite). For dessert we had Bananas Foster. Yum!


-- C.

5 Comments:

Blogger Marcus said...

Congratulations! Scratch one tally mark in the wall for year one!

September 06, 2006 2:17 PM  
Blogger davesbeachbar said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

September 07, 2006 8:08 AM  
Blogger CAQuincy said...

We have a card to send. We just don't know where to send it.

HINT, HINT

September 07, 2006 12:25 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Happy Anniversary. We didn't buy a card - but we know where to send one if we did! :-)

September 07, 2006 7:24 PM  
Blogger MR said...

Welp...looks like I owe Marcus Twenty Bucks. I thought sure that one of those knives I gave you guys would end up in an evidence bag.

...just kidding, Happy Adversary.

September 10, 2006 2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home