Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Still unpacking

We have the majority of boxes unpacked, but there's still work to be done. We should be able to finish up this weekend. All of the boxes on the main level are unpacked (living room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom), and most of the basement. We still have several boxes in the garage, but that won't take long to move. Mostly just big furniture we didn't have room for when all the boxes were in the way.

And guess what! We'll need at least one more bookshelf. Yeesh. I really need to sort through those things. It isn't like I re-read them very often. Heck, I have a stack of books still waiting to be read for the first time! I collect 'em faster than I read 'em.

We are looking at the first weekend in November as an "open house" kinda thing. Keep your calendar clear for that Saturday (the 4th).


-- C.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marcus said...

You'll be done unpacking in November of 2007 or 2008 more likely. It is never easy or fast. Hey, we got lots of room, until you unpack and then, days later ... it is completely filled, or "I am sick and tired of unpacking this crud! Did we buy any of this stuff?"

September 14, 2006 9:48 AM  
Blogger CAQuincy said...

Try unpacking with three kids--and three kids' worth of toys/clothes/beds in addition to your OWN toys/clothes/beds. We'll be lucky to be unpacked in 10 years.

My goal: to be able to park in the garage by first snow.

*CHUCKLE* Now I'm just amusing myself!

September 14, 2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger MR said...

This week on Mythbusters: Unpacking three kids while babysitting, difficult or not?! We've borrowed three kids from a family and packed up all their possessions and transplanted the lot to Prisoner's new home. "It wasn't hard at all," Prisoner said, "I just unpacked my gun, and they did all the rest."

MYTH: BUSTED

September 14, 2006 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home