Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Great Weekend!

For those that didn't know, we went to the Kalahari Resort in glorius Sandusky, Ohio (also the setting of the movie 'Tommy Boy' that we happened to catch on TV while we were there). And when I say "we" I mean John & Carrie, Keith & Lori, Dave & JJ, and Paula and I and their respective families. That includes one six-year-old, two four-year-olds, one three-year-old, and two that are around 18 months. It was quite an adventure.

The resort itself is very nice. I enjoyed the indoor water park, but it seemed much more kid-oriented than I expected. I don't think any of the pool areas were deeper than 3'6". Paula and I still had a lot fun, and it was great getting everyone together like that.

I think little Keith had the quote of the weekend though. He was showing off how far he could jump by jumping over a blanket on the floor. I asked if he thought I could make it over the blanket, too. He said, "No, you'd break the floor!" Great, thanks kid. I'll remember that on your high school graduation day and plan a little payback....

In the evening we played Blockus and Phase 10. Phase 10 is a long game, and even though we stayed up well past midnight we only had a couple people get to Phase 7 before calling it a night. (Keith and I were both on Phase 7 so we did a high-card draw to determine the winner. I went first and pulled up an 11 (the highest card is 12). Keith wasn't going to draw but finally did, and pulled up a Wild Card! Nice guy that he is, he declared it to also be an 11 so we're still tied.)

As for Blockus, the popular strategy seemed to be "Beat Jeff" which worked surprisingly well (scumbags). Keith employeed a few different strategies, often during the same game, including "get pieces to touch each side of the board" and "have as many pointy-bits as possible."

The resort, which has an African Safari theme, also had a live baby tiger and baby cougar. You could get your picture taken with them and then pet them a little bit, which we did.

Then on Monday Paula and I went to the zoo. Some of her friends from New York were in town with their cute little six-month-old (we're her godparents). It was great weather! I think I got more sun in one day at the zoo than I did in four days at the water park. To be fair, the water park is indoors and it was a little too chilly you use the outside play area.

More later. I'll upload the pictures soon.


-- C.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marcus said...

It sounded great. It's a shame that I missed it!

June 27, 2006 11:36 AM  
Blogger Cerpicio said...

Start saving up for next year! I don't know where we're going but we are planning on doing something again next summer.

June 28, 2006 11:14 AM  
Blogger MR said...

I HATED it! The water park sucked, the kids were driving us crazy! Everyone thought THEIR kid was the cutest thing and beyond reproach so it was like Helter Skelter, they just said "here's the water park, you are EEE-mancipated!" I stayed in my room and smoked crack.

July 09, 2006 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home