Friday, June 09, 2006

Dangerous Neighborhoods

We went down to the GermanFest last night, and on the way I made a comment about the parking. Paula said it might be hard to find a good spot and joked that perhaps we should just walk from home. I asked if she really wanted to walk through the Wildwood neighborhood, remembering how Wildwood Liquors used to get robbed all the time.

Just then we entered the area I was talking about. There were three police cars in the street, one on a side street, and a news crew filming the activities. We didn't know what had happened, but it didn't look good.

I found out the next morning a woman had been shot...in the face. I don't know her condition, but she had been taken to the hospital, so she wasn't immediately killed. I hope she's okay. They did catch the shooter.

I'm glad we didn't walk through there! We wouldn't have been there at the time of the shooting, but still....


-- C.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcus said...

I think that Paula is used to the New York, walking everywhere mentality, where downtown FW isn't ... uh, where most of the things you need, er, uh ...
downtown isn't much of anything, except for the few times thare are fairs/festivals, etc.

Generally, downtown is quite safe, but as you head on that street and those on the East ... yikes!

June 09, 2006 2:23 PM  
Blogger KJS said...

Anybody want to walk from my place to the Loop?

June 09, 2006 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home