Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Two things I've never seen before

This weekend Paula and I drove about four hours south to visit some of her friends. Along the way, I saw two odds situations. The first was a woman riding a motorcycle...with a man riding on the back. I've seen women riding bikes, but never with a man riding on the back. I just thought it was a bit odd.

Later in the weekend we were eating dinner at a local restaraunt. There was a nicely-dressed couple sitting near us (probably in their 60's or 70's). Nothing odd about that. But they were talking to the waitresses, who were both white women with cornrows in their hair, and the couple was asking questions about the hair style.

Picture that again. A nice, distinguished-looking couple discussing cornrow-haircuts with two white women.

And no, it wasn't the Champagne Velvet Pilsner I was drinking affecting my vision.


-- C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home