Thursday, June 08, 2006

News, news, and more news.

I just saw that Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi was reportedly killed in an air raid. I wonder what this will mean for the insurgents and terrorists. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else just popped up and took his place. I hope that things settle down over there and Iraq can get their goverment going.

You know what the next headline was? "Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards extend their restraining order." Pff. Is there a filter to keep out so-called Hollywood "news"?

I won an iPod Shuffle earlier this year. Unfortunately I broke my ear-buds and couldn't listen to it. Last week I bought some new ones and reinstalled iTunes on my computer. I searched NPR's podcasts and signed up for a few since they are all free. Things like "This, I believe" and the "story of the day" are pretty interesting. There's a little interview with Henry Rollins that's interesting. He's got a talk show now. What an odd career he's had, from lead singer in a hard-rock-punk band (Black Flag), to actor, to talk show host.

I also heard the the NYSE is merging with Euronext. That sounds like a lot of money coming together. It should help keep things smoother if there are spikes in the US market.


-- C.

PS: I just had to point out the irony in this statement from Iraq's PM:
"This is a message for all those who embrace violence, killing and destruction..."

Yeah, be nice or we'll blow you up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home