Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Half-way through the vacation

We had a great time in Ohio. So far, New York's been fun, but the weather is looking rainy, so we aren't going to the fireworks. Paula and her friend are watching "Beaches" and I'm doing my best to ignore it. I may have to shove hot metal skewers in my ears.

We went into the city yesterday. It was fun, but I'm getting a little tried of it. Maybe it's just because I wasn't feeling well, but I don't really like all the noise, the huge crowds of people, the smells, the chaos. We took the LIRR in to Penn Station, then walked about a mile to Central Park and stopped in FAO Schwartz. We got back to Penn Station and found the trains were running late. They ended up cancelling one of the trains just before the one we were going to take, so there were tons of people trying to pile on. It was packed and people were complaining, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Despite all that, if you haven't been into NYC I recommend you do. It's quite an experience, with sky scrapers for blocks in all directions.

Tomorrow we head out to see the Q Collective.


-- C.

1 Comments:

Blogger MR said...

I have the exact same opinion regarding big cities. I just don't like people that much, I guess, and prefer sky to concrete.

July 05, 2007 1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home