Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Fund Raising

Every year the company I work for does fund raising for United Way. The last three years they've had a Chili Cook-off and each year they give an extra day of vacation to the participants. I finally made a pot this year (well, Paula did most of it) and got myself an extra day! I'll be sure to spend it with Paula since I probably wouldn't have entered the contest without her help.

There were 18 entries including buffalo, elk, and a Portuguese Kale Soup. Lots of good stuff! And they had delicious pie for dessert.

Also, my brother is participating in a local "Dancing with the Stars" contest. He's been getting lessons with his partner for several weeks now. Tomorrow night is the big night and he sounds nervous. At first there was a cap of 200 people allowed in to watch (at $75 per person). But the response was so good they upped the cap another 200, and then another 100. Potentially he'll be dancing in front of 500 people instead of 200. There are ten couples and the top three will compete again at a later date for the top prize. I think he's telling on his friends to NOT vote for him.

Good luck Mike!


-- C.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcus said...

This first entry burned a hole in my stomach. I hope that was the worst of them. These hicks are crazy!

So, what type of soup/chili did you make

November 01, 2006 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home