Monday, July 10, 2006

House FOUND!

As you may know, Paula and I have been looking at houses for the last couple months. We were approved for a loan, so we knew our price range. Paula really wanted a basement (for protection during those infamous mid-west storms and tornados) and I really wanted a two-car attached garage (so we don't get drenched during those same-said storms).

We finally found a house that met that criteria, and more. It's listed as 1 and 1/2 storey (there are only two rooms upstairs). It has the garage, plus a big driveway, and it has the basement, which is finished. The thing we liked the most, though, is the big back yard! The lot is just over 1/3 acre, and it's fenced in. It only has one bathroom though. We really wanted at least another half-bath, but we might be able to find room to add one. (If nothing else, there is that big, empty back yard we could use.)

We have an inspection scheduled for Thursday. I'll be sure to take pictures and post them here, giving a virtual tour so you'll know your way around when you come to visit.

I thought making decisions about chosing a house were tough, but now come more decisions. We've already been out picking up paint samples. We have to figure out what goes where, what color each room should be, what window treatments we want up, what new shrubs and trees to plant, and where to put the litterbox.

It'll be fun though.

Or so I've been told.


-- C.
PS: Anyone have a riding lawn mower they want to sell for cheap?

4 Comments:

Blogger Marcus said...

You, uh ... don't like mowing then? Congratulations! I will expect the call for "all available movers, please report to ..."

July 10, 2006 5:15 PM  
Blogger Marcus said...

I did a driveby today. It looks nice, though I saw only the front, facing the street. It's not too far from where you are now, thankfully, making your move that much easier. There wasn't a sold sign, peculiar as that might be.

It should be easy to clean the drive in the winter -- wide, but not undoable with shovel. By the way, a neighbor who was walking through the rain ... she's got nice legs. Oh, anyway, nice neighborhood.

July 11, 2006 2:46 PM  
Blogger MR said...

Hello LEGS! Hopefully she's single (or unfaithful) and wants to meet your SINGLE friends. Anyway, yes, we'll need pictures. The web site listing is missing the master bedroom and one of the upstairs rooms, from what I can tell. Also, it mentions a fireplace (fireplace: Y) and I see a chimney, but can't figure out where it would be. Also, painting sucks ass, I have painted only three rooms in 7.5 years. As for window treatments, I treat them like windows. And my Lazy-Ass (R) riding lawn mower is not for sale. I remember telling MDH how cool it was to mow my OWN yard the first spring after I moved in. Well, that lasted about 2 mowings before it got old. Now I've got neighbors that have their lawn fertilized and I catch some of it, so one side of my house grows so tall so fast I have to hit with napalm to make sure Charlie isn't in the treeline. (not THAT Charlie). I am glad that you're settling in Waynedale and I'll still know someone who lives there, as MDH implies he will be bugging out within the next couple of years (greatly inflating the property value). And what about that couch? No? yes? maybe?

July 11, 2006 10:46 PM  
Blogger CAQuincy said...

Awesome! I can't wait to see your new digs if/when we ever come your way again. Send me the link!

So since we're both buying at the same time, we'll just cancel out each other's house-warming gifts, huh? Hey, "Jeff and Paula" bought us that new dinnerware set we wanted--how cool of them. I hope they enjoyed the [fill in blank here] that we sent them!

July 12, 2006 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home