Friday, December 30, 2005

I'm home!

I'm home and feeling very well (and not because of pain medication). I arrived at the hospital around 2 and they had me in the operating room at 4:15. 35 minutes later they told my wife and my mom that the procedure was over. I was able to come home last night and didn't have to stay. That's a big relief, for all of us.

But they did things differently this time. After getting into the annoying gown that everyone is familiar with, they put "hose" on my legs. The nurse claimed it was to help prevent blood clots, but I think they were just having fun at my expense. Next, they put inflatible pads on my legs, which would inflate and deflate every 30 seconds. These were to keep the blood flowing, also to prevent clots.

Next...the nurse said she was going to give me a shot in my stomache, to thin my blood. The expression on my face must have given away my true feelings. She said don't worry, it's just a tiny needle. I was very skeptical but really didn't feel a thing when they administered the shot.

Recovery went well, but I do remember nurses saying they had to put restraints on one man. He was probably a little out of it still. When they wheeled me back to where my wife and mom could sit with me, we could hear this poor elderly woman moaning. I'm sure she was very uncomfortable, and may not have known what she was doing, but she kept moaning. And moaning. I'll say one thing for her, she has a healthy set of lungs! I never heard her draw a breath, just moan. I hope she's feeling better this morning.

I don't think I'll go out and party for New Years. I'm up and around just fine, but I should still take it easy. At least I'm not spending it in the hospital.


-- C.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcus said...

Your health is GREAT news. Let's hope that's the last of that!

Moaning -- I'll refrain from voicing what I'm thinking.

Happy New Year!

January 02, 2006 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home