Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I'm finally done!

I finally got my grade yesterday for my final project! I'm so relieved. I was pretty sure I was going to pass, but I wasn't happy until I saw the grade for myself. I'm done with classes, after two years of working on it. I was single when I started and got married during the process. I'm just glad I got it done before I started a family; I can't image how some of my classmates managed. One guy had his second child just a couple weeks after we started and had his third just a few months before we finished.

Also, I didn't get selected for jury duty. I showed up, checked in, and waited a while (they showed us a video about the process, too). There were two trials that morning. One bailiff started naming off numbers for the first trial. After announcing 12 juror numbers, he said they were the first ones to be seated. He continued announcing numbers, but I wasn't in his group. The second bailiff started announcing numbers and I was the second one called. "Great," I thought, "I'll be one of the first 12 seated for this trial." He continued stating numbers then said, "Okay, these last twelve will be the first ones seated." Heehee! I didn't get seated at all. I should be done for the year, and I believe they said we won't be eligible again for two years.


-- C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home