Thursday, December 29, 2005

It's that time again

More surgery today. If I'm lucky, it will be out-patient only. Otherwise the doctor will be performing an addition procedure which will require me to stay for 48 hours. I'm all packed and ready for the worst.

Yesterday I started my pre-surgery medication, including a clear liquid diet. It'd 12:30 on Thursday and I haven't had a bite to eat since well before midnight. They prescribed 4 laxatives (the recommended dosage is 1 to 3 tablets daily). I then had to mix something call Miralax with 64 oz of GatorAide Ice. I had to drink 8 oz every 15-30 minutes. The recommended dosage on that bottle said 17 grams a day. What did the doc presrcibe? The full 255 grams (spread out through the night). Bleck. I was so sick of that stuff before even half of it was gone. Don't anyone ever buy me Watermelon-flavored GatorAide Ice.

Alrighty, I'm going to leave in about 20 minutes. I'm due at the hospital at 2 and the procedure is scheduled for 4. I'm starving and thirsty already. Hopefully they'll be on time today, or maybe even early! The last couple times I've been in they've been running late.

Happy New Year!
-- C.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcus said...

Geez!!!

Good luck! I hope that this is the last operation you'll need. Good golly man!

Best wishes!

December 29, 2005 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home