Tuesday, November 15, 2005

True test of marriage

I did have a little mishap at the hospital. When I got back to the recovery room, my wife and my mom were allowed in (mom was there to keep my wife company). I had a procedure earlier this year and didn't have any problems with the anesthesia (woohoo! spelled it right on the first try). But this time, I had a terrible headache whenever I moved too much. I kept feeling better, little by little, and finally had a small can of soda. I laid there for two hours and I still couldn't sit up all the way. I'm sure they were getting very impatient with me.

I leaned up a little too far and got a slightly dizzy. My stomache didn't feel well so I leaned back, but I knew the damage had been done. The two women were chatting away and I casually mentioned, "My stomache doesn't feel well." That got their attention. We hit the button for the nurse, and mom poked her head outside the curtain to look for one nearby. There were no buckets in the room, or even the stupid little "spit-up" trays (which seem entirely useless if you are in the process of forcing up the contents of your stomache). My quick-thinking wife pulled the plastic cover off a garbage can and held it over the bed rail just in time for me to not make a huge mess. She quietly stood there for a few minutes, holding the can for me, while I did my thing.

What a trooper!

After that I felt much, much better. I was able to get up and get dressed and they let me go home.

Thanks dear!


-- C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home