Thursday, November 03, 2005

More words of wisdom

More words of Wisdom from Robert Fulghum:
"I do not want to talk about what you understand about this world. I want to know what you will *do* about it. I do not want to know what you *hope*. I want to know what you will *work for*. I do not want your sympathy for the needs of humanity. I want your muscle."

Coming up on the To Read list:
Eats, Shoots, and Leaves
Pooh: On Management (okay, not the exact title, but I like this shortened version of it)
Runny Babbit
Run Rabbit, Run
(and many more)


-- C.
Coming soon:
My "to do" list.
A list of quotes and sayings I've collected.


EDIT: I just read the next seciton of "It was on Fire when I Lay Down on it." It was about Rosa Parks, who ironically, just passed away recently. I won't re-type the whole section (but I recommend you look it up), I'll just quote the last few lines:
"If there is indeed a heaven, then I've no doubt that Rosa Parks will go there. I imagine the moment when she signs in with the angel at the pearly gates. 'Ah, Rosa Parks, we've been expecting you. Make yourself at home -- take any seat in the house.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home