Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Taxes

In the past I've done my own taxes, usually using TaxCut. I even did it myself last year after we got married. I ran through both scenarios of filing jointly and separately (filing jointly made a big difference!).

Since we bought a house last year and had a complication with the Credit Union, I really wanted to have a professional do it this year. I called up H&R Block and set an appointment for last night.

After a mad-dash trying to find a couple last minute documents (church donations, Paula's student loan interest payments, etc) we headed out to the nearest branch (about five blocks away).

It went very smoothly and the lady was very nice and friendly. She gave us a few tips, and about an hour later we were done. I opted for the extra protection option, again just in case there's something funky with the way things worked out. The extra protection didn't cost much, but the process as a whole was more than I thought. It was worth it for the peace of mind though. I'll probably go back to doing it myself next year.

Anyway, we should have a nice deposit in a couple weeks.


-- C.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcus said...

Well, that's good news! My taxes have never been complex. Sure there's been a couple of years when I had money to donate and did, but there was never a complicated issue. Taxes in an hour ... that's cool.

February 21, 2007 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home