Thursday, February 15, 2007

Blizzard of 2007

Monday at work they were talking about the storm, so I finally got around to installing VPN on my laptop. I took it home with me and was able to log on and do a bit of work from home. There's a web page I can go to to log on and check email, but with VPN it's like I'm sitting at my desk, with connections to all the network drives. All of the source code is on network drives, so I can't do much without 'em.

After hearing everything was closed Tuesday morning, we shoveled the drive enough to get Paula's car out, then we went to the store for a few last-minute items. We would have been fine without them, but it was good to have a little extra. It was snowing pretty hard and the roads were pretty messy. We were in the store less than half an hour and our windshield was already starting to ice up. We got some milk, but it looked like a lot of people were just after soda.

We watched a couple movies, did a lot of shoveling (need one o' them snow throwers). I'll tell you, it ain't so bad being snowed in with your wife on (Saint) Valentine's Day...


-- C.

1 Comments:

Blogger davesbeachbar said...

Just saw the pictures of the snow you had... GEEZ... yeah I would say a snowblower would be a wize investment. Nice that Paula got out there and help you out too. Yeah you definalty need a snowman in that huge backyard.

February 19, 2007 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home