Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thief!

I was reading a message board for EverQuest. Someone reported a possible bug - they had a trader set up in the bazaar and sold three items for 1000pp (platinum pieces) each, but when they looked at their inventory they only had 2100pp. Somehow they came up 900pp short.

Another poster suggested the rogues were loose in the bazaar picking pockets.

That reminded me of the old "Might & Magic BBS" game. No one knew what the security and alarms systems wre for. They just figured it was a waste of money. However, there was an option to attempt to steal from other users, but it would end your turns for the day. I would always try to steal from the others after I'd finished everything else I wanted to do. Since they all had the basic security and alarms, it was very easy to walk off with a hefty share of their funds.

I think Todd in particular was furious when he finally found out were all his money was going.

Ah, those were the days. M&M was a great game, even if the SysOp was...wierd.


-- C.

1 Comments:

Blogger MR said...

Oh the SysOp's a FAG! You dang queer, you! I never knew you were a FAG SysOp!

January 25, 2007 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home