Friday, January 13, 2006

New hardware

The lease on my desktop at work is about over, so they are setting me up with a laptop. With the desktop, I have two monitors (flat panels, even). This is very handy for programmers. I can keep the code on one screen and view the results in a window on the other.

While getting a laptop for me, they also got a docking station with its own video card, so I can still have the two monitors. Two tech guys have been working on this for a week. It seems the video card is bad.

The other day one of the guys stopped by my desk and handed me a sticky note. He said, "I was walking behind your manager and this fell out of his notes. I thought you might like to see it." The note read, "[my name]. Failed to perform."

Hmm, that's not a good thing for my manager to write. But the smirk on the tech guy's face lead me to believe something was up. He said the note was really from the video card, not from my manager.

He thinks he's clever or something.


-- C.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcus said...

Cerpicio didn't perform ... the Heimlich Maneuver ... no, he did not perform ... Riverdance ... no, wait ... he did not perform the swan dive .... that's it!

You work with some sneaky guys

January 13, 2006 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home