Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Weekend - updated with a few more details

We had a great weekend. Thanks for the feedback from the emails. Here's what we ended up doing:

Friday night I surprised her with a carriage ride downtown. [It was a 30-minute slow ride through the downtown area. Fortunately the skies were clear. I got a lot of nice pictures of buildings, which I'll upload to flickr soon. It was quiet, peacful, and very relaxing.] Then we ate at Biagi's. [If you've been reading this blog you'll probably remember that's where we went on our first date, and where we ate the night I proposed.]

Saturday morning we had tea at the Dragon's Keep Cafe and stopped by the Orchard Gallery (featuring local artists). [They have some very creative and attractive pieces, but most of them are out of my price range. I like supporting local artists, but only if it's affordable. Paula did end up buying an anniversary present for me from here that had a reasonable price. Next time you're at our house, ask about it and I'll show you.] We planned to go to Cindy's Diner for lunch but it is closed for rennovations, so we went down the street to Toscani's for a pizza. [We didn't even know it was there, we just saw it on the carriage ride the night before. They have good pizza and soup and the waitress was very friendly.]

After that, we planned to go to Auburn to see the statues they have on display, but the downtown roads are blocked off for the auction. We stopped by my parents' lake cottage and visited with them, my brother, and my neice for a bit. [The ban on motor boats is still in place due to the flooding. We just sat around and visisted. Any day at the lake is a good day, even if the weather is bad.]

Sunday we had brunch then went to the Zoo and met my sister-in-law and her kids. After 4 hours walking through the whole zoo, we went home for a nap. That night we had dinner at Coney Island. I ordered one of their cheeseburgers which as just as delicious as their hotdogs.

Monday was spent at home, relaxing and making spaghetti for dinner. We used a recipe from my mom, which has to simmer for about 6 hours.

It was a fun weekend. If you haven't done it yet, I recommend the carriage ride through downtown. You get a nice view of the city that way.


-- C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home