Monday, July 23, 2007

You Know Who

Paula and I have read all the Harry Potter books, and watched all of the movies, so we were very excited to finally get the last book and find out how it all ends. We got to the bookstore around 10:30 PM Friday night and got in line. Many people were dressed as their favorite character and we were no exception. I dressed as Nigel Longbottom and Paula dressed as Luna Lovegood. We waited for the big grand opening and -- just kidding.

We went out Saturday morning and picked it up before heading to Chicago. There was no line at all. She did read a few chapters out loud while I drove, though. We managed to read a few more chapters, but we didn't have much time to get very far.

We stayed with Rob and Wendy Saturday night, then went to Paula's cousin's daughter's birthday party on Sunday. It was a fun trip, but we've already been on the road a lot this month. Next weekend we're heading to Illinois to visit her grandmother.

Another of Paula's cousins is coming to town tonight and staying with us through Wednesday morning. We have some cleaning to do, and not much time for reading. Paula will probably finish the book before I do. Hopefully I'll have a chance at it Thursday or Friday evening. I really don't think we each need a copy -- I can wait.


-- C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home