Friday, August 24, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

Next weekend is especially special. First, it's a three-day weekend which is always nice. It is also the first anniversary of moving into our house. But best of all it is our second wedding anniversary. I'm glad we have three days to celebrate all that.

We don't have any travel plans. I think we are going to stick around town and do some of the "touristy" things, hence the email some of you received. Thanks for the feedback. It seems our options are limited, which will happen when you live in a smaller city (population between 200,000 and 250,000). I did get a few suggestions that were new to me. Some of our options include the botanical garden, Children's Zoo, Museum of Art, Corvette Museum, city parks, sporting events including Roller Derby, and quick trips to nearby cities (Auburn, Berne, etc). There are several restaurants possibilities, too, Biagi's, Dragon's Keep Cafe, Cindy's Diner, Coney Island Hot Dogs, Rich's Cafe, Munchie's, Panera, Casa's, Don Hall's, and Powers, to name a few. And probably Zesto's for dessert, but only at the original one on Broadway. The other's just don't taste the same.

I do have one trick up my sleeve that no one mentioned, but I'm not going to give it away just yet.


-- C.

1 Comments:

Blogger MR said...

I was there for both those things... your wedding and moving into your house. I remember we were taking turns buying shots for the table at your reception until we were all pretty drunk... then Lisa licked Tim, thank goodness we've got it on video. Moving day was hot..hot, hot, hot. I remember my shirt was 100% soaked with sweat to the point where you could wring it out. And as I recall, you had a crop circle in your backyard from where the UFO landed.

August 25, 2007 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home