Thursday, September 25, 2008

Coffee

I'm not a coffee snob, but I do drink some coffee at work.  It's just made from packets of Folger's or Maxwell House, and that's good enough for me if it's made correctly.  Usually it's not bad but sometimes it's undrinkable. 
Last Friday Paula and I were at Jefferson Pointe enjoying the live music (I don't know who they were but I was enjoying it).  We went into Barnes & Noble to look around (Paula can't pass a bookstore without going in) and I looked at their coffee mugs.  They have a Bodum brand coffee-press-travel-mug.  It's pretty cool, just put some ground coffee beans in the bottom, pour in hot water, let it sit a bit, then put the lid on and push the plunger down to push the grounds out of the way but let the liquid through (see my flickr site for a picture).
I bought some coarsely ground coffee from our neighborhood cafe* and have been brewing my own cup of coffee at my desk all week.  It's pretty handy.  Now I just have to find coffee beans I really like.
 
-- C.
* The cafe used to be called Dragon's Keep Cafe and had a fun medieval motif, with dragons and gargoyles.  They recently changed the name to "Hill o' Beans" because too many customers came in expecting it to be a Chinese restaurant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home