Thursday, March 02, 2006

Old movie I recently remembered

I was reading an article about black holes on Slashdot yesterday and someone mentioned the old 1979 movie. I liked it at the time, especially the three robots, Bob, Vincent, and Maximillian. Then I started remembering more about the movie, the sentinal robots, S.T.A.R., the humanoid robots, the funky guns they used, and the special effects they used for the black hole itself.

I think I'll have to go out and buy the DVD soon and remind myself of what all happens, and to see if it's still any good.


-- C.

3 Comments:

Blogger davesbeachbar said...

I saw the movie again a few years ago... I don't remember it being that bad, but it was. It rates up there like Flash Gordon, campy but good. Of course the scene at the end where the scientist and the robot become one is written like "brokeback blackhole" so to speak

March 02, 2006 11:21 AM  
Blogger Marcus said...

They are condemned to hell, leading their minions on enternal useless work, if memeory serves me well.
I liked the movie, while campy it was.I like the fact that the ship had no shields and was broken apart with the debris. You never find out, really, what happens to those desperate voyagers who enter the black hole.

March 02, 2006 4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's time for BlackHole 2.

March 13, 2006 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home