Friday, February 24, 2006

Reading List

Here's a little follow-up from a previous post regarding my reading list.

"Eats, Shoots, and Leaves": Cute book. Short. It talks about grammar and spelling. I'm not an expert, but I try to get the basics, like knowing the difference between "there", "their", and "they're." It starts off well but gets a little preachy toward the end. Its also not a bad little review for you budding writers. The author is British and mostly talks about their language rules, but she does point out the differences in American English.

"Pooh: On Management": Like I said, it's not the exact title, but you get the idea. I didn't care a whole lot for this one either. Taking a character from childrens' literature and talking about management priciples is distracting; the two just don't fit together. I mean, sure you want to find analogies to help explain your points, but using Pooh as an example of a good leader? I don't think so.


Still haven't read these two:
Runny Babbit (Shel Silverstein)
Run Rabbit, Run

Added to the list:
"100 Most Influential Books"
"Information Nation Warrior" (the author was the keynote speaker at the Vegas conference and gave everyone a copy of his book)
"Career Tests" (little tests that are supposed to help guide you into a career you'll enjoy [it was discounted down to under $5; another purchase while wandering through a bookstore])

I know there are more lined up, but these are on the top of the stack.


-- C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home